FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the earliest I can checkin bags at Heathrow for the longhaul leg of an Ex-EU?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:43 am
konagirl2

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by benjones250
Unfortunately for me I've had to leave the bags in T3 luggage storage and unlikely I'll have time to pick them up and check them in on my way back (only 1hr 40 connection)...
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you, that is a real pain. For a b2b, the airline is going to know your passport details on both tickets so it is not impossible that the system puts two and two together and the preceding journey on a separate ticket sets off a flag.

With the bag at T3, then yes it is going to be very unlikely you will make the bag drop deadline, but it is still probably worth having a go as long as your AMS-LHR is on time or early, since even if you fail to make bag drop you should still have time to store your bags at T5 and make the 35 minute security conformance?

Maybe the regulars would know, if you had had more time at LHR at check in, would leaving bags at T5 give a few more minutes than T3? Coming off the AMS-LHR that would allow you to take the T3-T5 airside bus and then enter the UK at T5, rather than T3 immigration + landside HEX/Underground T3-T5 transfer?