FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the earliest I can checkin bags at Heathrow for the longhaul leg of an Ex-EU?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:27 am
kingcole974

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ams2174
I had the same problem a few months ago when doing a b2b in Amsterdam for my Ams-lhr-kul-bkk flight, no matter what the lady at first check in or her supervisor did the system would not let me check in luggage until I had flown my first sector.

I don't know if this was because when checking in online I had stipulated I would be checking in 2 bags rather than selecting the not sure option.
the check in lady also seemed to think that the system recognised I was doing the b2b and so wouldn't allow it to happen either.
I had to leave it in left luggage and pick it up and check it in on my 8 hour layover on my way back later in the day which wasn't a problem.

It's just annoying as I was able to do it before although that was back in 2016
I had this exact issue on exactly this route. I was told that the issue was actually to do with me KUL BKK leg on Malaysian, in that it was sumply too early to check a bag onto this flight.

In my case the checkin staff were great and thought they had found a work around, only to come and find me in the concord room whilst awaiting my positioning flight to AMS. I was told the workaround had failed and on my return to LHR I would have to come via baggage claim where my bag would be waiting. I could grab it and recheck it back in.

This is exactly what happenend and worked pefectly.

I must say Ive done many other B2B from LHR and have early bag dropped fir the later long haul flight without issue on all other occasions.