FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mattress run for Globalist - not so cheap anymore
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:44 pm
CommentatusMaximus

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Not a pure 20 night mattress run, as I'm moving a little bit of business and leisure before the end of the year back to Hyatt. But I may end up doing a few nights of runs to round it out. There's a reasonable number of Cat 1-2 near me, and I'm point rich at the moment, so P+C is in order. I'd been looking at getting the citi prestige card anyways too, and that would effectively take a ~25% discount off the effort.

Is it worth it? It really depends. This year I will hit Hyatt resorts 4 times with my family of 5, as well as 3-4 weekend getaways (mainly to regency properties). The suite upgrades + late checkout + breakfast easily provide 4 figures of value for me. But for a single traveler just looking for some free breakfast, probably not...
Yeah, it's a simple calculation whether the benefits are worth it or not. Maybe need to discount by at least say 50% but otherwise fairly straightforward.

Interesting that even a full 20 night mattress run is worth it in your case. I'm like 8 nights off of SPG 75 and decided the extra 7 nights aren't worth it but then again most of the benefits accrue at 50 nights which I would pay to acquire. Too bad there's no such thing as "rollover nights."