FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:05 pm
GrayAnderson

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Not commenting on the product since I haven't seen it (though the configuration you mention is truly odd), but as far as the food service goes:
(1) The shrimp/orzo salad was a nice lunch on the DTW-MCO 747 flight a few weeks back, but I agree that it's probably a little thin for dinner.
(2) DL has had a running problem with actually lining food service up with the website. I've been on multiple NYC-MCO flights that were advertised as having a meal but that didn't. I know that catering sometimes drops the ball (this explicitly happened on an ATL-ORD flight in February) but if the flight schedule says "dinner" then I do sort-of expect, you know, dinner. Moreover, the presence/absence of a meal affects whether I need to grab something in the airport en route to the flight (and this is a problem insofar as in the course of a ground hold at LGA and a flight to MCO I can go from "somewhat hungry" to "making an untoward dent in the snack box").