FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I bring Duty Free (or other) alcohol *into* Mexico? (¡Si!)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:18 pm
Section 107

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by JDiver

Now, as to "tainted liquor" in Mexico as a reason: I've seen not one iota of evidence or allegation any bottled alcoholic beverage in Mexico is "tainted". There's greater risk in the US of that in cities where crooked barkeeps sell empty bottles of upper shelf booze to refillers or refill with their own home blends to make a bigger profit from selling fake booze.

There have been allegations of tainted alcoholic drinks served at some resorts. Personally, I pretty much dismiss these allegations as statements made by people who have overimbibed mass mixed or straight drinks made with lower shelf cheap booze. I've witnessed this many times. They're not using the finest "reposado" tequila at Carlos and Charlie's when they pass by with the bota to pour hooch down your gullet, and too much will make you sick, hung over or in some instances could kill of acute alcohol intoxication.
Completely agree on both points. In the first, fans of American cinema will recall Fast Eddie Felson was selling rail liquor in top shelf bottles in the "Color of Money".....

and I have seen the second at many a place, not just in Mexico but also all over southern Europe. And the US.