FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are Grand Hyatts allowed to close lounges due to low occupancy?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:02 am
AUSINSIGHT

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
They did not offer a breakfast and just returned the club upgrade. We actually were left holding 3 of those upgrades (worthless now that she's Glob) due to clubs being closed. Part of why I view explorist as an absolutely worthless level. Also, since she's made glob she's been test driving Marriott and their lounges are apparently the best she's ever experienced. I'm a Hilton guy and in my experience Hilton lounges are far superior to Hyatt as well.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Are you sure they are required to offer restaurant breakfast to explorists if the lounge is closed? (I assume a David's wife was using a Club upgrade).

I suspect they would return the upgrade if the club is closed for the entire stay and call it a day. Which of course it isn't; my selection of a Hyatt might have been heavily influenced by the lounge access.