FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC 2017 Investor Day; Airline Establishes New Targets for 2018-2020
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:21 am
CloudsBelow

Talking

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I think the CEO and senior management surrounding him don't really have a deep understanding of IT issues, the challenges they are up against, how the US3 and other carriers have transformative, flexible IT platforms. I suspect they view IT as a necessary evil to evolve, rather than a fundamental infrastructure that is as equally important an investment as new aircraft.

This won't change, until we see massive turnover in Board members and a CEO transition to a new, younger, IT aware generation.

Given that, any new reservation system is doomed to fail, and IBM will continue to be the lead partner.
Originally Posted by Symmetre
which supports what I've been saying for years. This airline will not even begin climbing out of the abyss until Calin and his monkeys are gone.
You airline experts used to lecture the FT gang that Calin et al didn't understand the airline business in Canada. Calin et al didn't understand that Rouge would flop and would fall on its face. They didn't understand the options Canadian flyers had. They didn't comprehend the purchase drivers of Canadian flyers. They didn't understand the long term pitfalls of these short-sighted business decisions ..... but you guys did.

Let's just hope your your IT expertise hits a little closer to the mark than your business, product and price point failures.