FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flights went up over night
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:18 am
platoon

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I've adapted my reply - see above - and it's not good news

You will only get Air Serbia's 2*23kg allowance if you travel on a JU flight between BEG and JFK. If, instead of this flight, you only have a shorthaul JU flight included in your ticket, you will only get an allowance of 1*23kg.
enter BEG to CMH on that site.

I think your grossly overlooking that there is a rule other than most significant.

US DOT Regulation 14 CFR 399.87 and CTA Regulation 144-A-2014 (First Marketing Carrier)

The US Department of Transportation (DOT) introduced its own regulation for baggage allowances and fees, and in April 2015 the Canadian Transportation Agency replicated these into Canadian law. Their focus is on ensuring that the allowance and fees remain the same for all flights on the same ticket. And they apply to all flights on tickets that originate or have an ultimate destination of the US. And note that while IATA 302 is an industry code of practice the US and Canadian DOT are law. Connections through the US or Canada (e.g. UK-US-Costa Rica) aren’t subject to these rules and IATA 302 would apply.

The US law states -

For passengers whose ultimate ticketed origin or destination is a US point, US and foreign carriers must apply the baggage allowances and fees that apply at the beginning of a passenger’s itinerary throughout his or her entire itinerary.

irregardless of stop overs and connection.