FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flights from Bristol Temple Mead?!
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:02 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Foltan
They also have a special 'Air-rail' check-in area at FRA don't they, but I haven't quite worked out what purpose it serves.
Yes, I presume you mean the area after the rail platforms and heading towards the main airport buildings, and I have used it. If you are departing from say Cologne, you can pick up your boarding passes from the Lufthansa self service machines on Köln station, and you can do that say 15 minutes before departure, get all the boarding passes for the flight at the same time. Not strictly necessary since the App also works. You take your luggage with you on the train in the normal way, but when you get to FRA the AIRail agents then take your checked baggage off you, and if necessary rebook your flight: the connections can be deliberately quite tight but the ticket is protected if there are rail delays (and DB isn't necessarily better than UK trains in that area).

It's a jolly good system, and if I were running the Rail Delivery Group I would implement something similar for both rail companies and airlines when the Queen Elizabeth line is opened.

Incidentally TheJayHatch, what exactly were you trying to book when this option came up? I tried to do something on my App and it didn't show anything interesting.