FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:56 pm
lesamuel

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Today I bought 55,000 miles (+71,500 bonus b/c blogger promotion) with an Ink Plus - transaction was smooth and easy - booked my tix with no issues and near instant ticketing.

Tonight, when I tried it again, this time with a Citi AA card, I got the following message:

"We already have your information, we will process your request and will contact you with the result of your transaction."

Called Citi - they said no attempted transaction from Avianca. Called Avianca - they said "we have confirmed there is no transaction." They advised to try again online while they were on the phone - received the same error message. Then they suggested I try buying them over the phone, so I complied and gave them the CC number over the phone (through the payment processing recording thing) and they said the miles should be in the account within 2 hours, and if the transaction is "denied" then they won't be there.

Ummm....what should my expectations be here?

EDIT: There's potentially another complication. Since the CC was in my wife's name (I don't have the same CC in my name) they ran the transaction through her LM account, *which wasn't registered for the promo* - if a lesser number of miles eventually show up, what do I do? I was never warned that any number less than the original attempted amount (55,000 + 71,500). Will they credit the difference?