FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calling to ask destination before pickup
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:51 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The whole tipping debate is about what is generally accepted practice, not that things are better in some other country.

I would prefer that Uber & Lyft raise their prices by 20% and be done with it. But, they won't because they can't collude on pricing and people look at base fares.

As to calling about destination, that is a function of neither Uber nor Lyft providing the destination to the driver until the pickup occurs. I get that someone who is ending their "shift" or whatever you want to call it, and lives to the West, does not want to take a fare going 40 miles to the East. I would prefer that the driver could simply not accept (or reject) the assignment before waiting.

If all of this stuff bugs you, these are ride-sharing services and the drivers (at least of the lower end services are not professionals). Just take a taxi or a car service and be done with it. If you are taking one of the basic services to save money, accept that you don't get a trained limo driver for half the price of a cab.