FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Value of Platinum? [Merged threads]
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:53 am
subechin

Programs: Finnair Plus
Value of Platinum? [Merged threads]

Hello,

I have been following this board for a while and was reading stuff here from time to time but since I was always amazed how nice the people here are and how great the community seems to be I was thinking to give it a try and Join.

So if anybody cares then I would like to introduce myself, if not then please skip this part

I live in Japan Osaka and my closest airport is KIX. I recently joined Finnair Plus after some thoughts of which program to join as it seemed the best option for me.

I use Finnair to fly to Europe 4 to 5 times a year plus I fly domestic with JAL 1 or 2 times a month. By the criterias I will very likely reach Gold Status within the next Year but having read soem stuff here in the Forum it seems that Platinum is the real way to go. So about that I have some questions if no one minds

Naturally without much hassle I can reach Gold or the 46 flights needed for it. With going through a little hassle I can also make Platinum or the 76 flights for it as I have OW carrier JAL here and Domestic flights counting as well So the question is, is it really worth to aim for Plat and are the Perks really worth it compare to Gold (besides feeling good to have the highest Status) I heard even FA treat you different, do they know the status of who flies with them ? I fly half the time Business and the other half Eco.

At last, does it make a difference how I earn the 76 flights for Plat or the 46 for Gold ? I mean do you think that Finnair is keeping track or makes a difference of how you earned it ?

I probably make around 20 or so flights on Finnair a year and the others on JAL Domestic or Cathay to HKG from time to time. Surely for Finnair a Plat who has flown 76 times with them a year is better than someone who earned more than half of the tier flights on other OW carriers but do they make any difference here, perhaps internally ? Like good Plat and bad Plat ?

Sorry of the question is stupid. I just got hooked with the whole milleage thing and it quickly became my biggest hobby.