FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $25 million better spent at QF
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:48 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Going LAX-CNS via HKG is not likely to be a popular routing...I much prefer CX over QF, but wouldn't want to fly via HKG if going between LAX and CNS...I just had to call the Qantas phone number and wait time was listed as 9-12 minutes - used the callback service and didnt worry about it. I doubt that QF would lose many passengers over call waiting times given that I suspect that most people would make new bookings via online means
Actually, using CX for N American cities is popular for people based here in CNS, based on those I personally speak to about their travel preferences. Real data - not presumption.

Some (perhaps not yourself) would prefer to save the $2700 even if flying for few extra hours - at least both flights are on international fitted aircraft, with no terminal change in BNE.

On my last few phone calls to QF the quoted estimated wait time was less than the actual - and I don't recall being offered the call back service.

Where would you draw the line, Dave, if you were managing the QF call centre? What is a call wait time that you presume would not affect the business?!

Would you cut another 270 staff from the call centre and have people wait 60 (?) minutes instead of 30 minutes?!

Do you not regard service standards as integral to a "full service" airline brand?
'
(In any case, I thought you'd already turned your own back on QF for various reasons?).

PS LAX-BNE CNS is 18:50 not 18:05 hrs.