FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking off without bin closure
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:31 pm
apodo77

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
Reminds me of a flight on China Eastern where passengers and FA alike were standing around and going to the lav, going through the bins, etc as the aircraft was first in line for departure. I'm pretty sure we started the takeoff roll with someone still in the lav.

Did have a domestic DL flight a week or so ago where one of the FAs had to go tell a passenger who was still standing around to sit and the aircraft started rolling down the runway as she was walking back. Made it to her seat without incident though.

That picture of the baby hanging from the overhead bin is incredible though. Can you imagine an airline trying that today? The social media backlash alone would crash the internet.
A few weeks ago on an ATL-PBI flight a lady got up on final descent and went to the F lav (I was in F and pretty sure she was as well). She was still in there when we landed despite the FA trying to get her out. Heard the FA talking to the captain as well but there was no go around.

My neighbor thought she should have been arrested when we got to the gate. No one from DL ever even scolded her as she exited the aircraft.