FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QX cutting flights due to pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:52 pm
tusphotog

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Asquared1
AS is also funding terminal expansion at PDX as well, aren't they?
I don't believe so. AS is staying in B/C. WN is going to E and UA is moving to C.

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Once a day flights from places like SFO to ABQ are hardly competitive with UA/WN which offer flights several times a day plus viable connections on them and AA/DL. Just booked WN from OAK to ABQ even with MVP Gold status on AS and no status on WN.
I've always wondered the strategy AS has behind these once a day flights. Who are they targeting with PDX-DFW? PDX-ORD? PDX-MSP? SFO-MSP? It's great if the flight works out on your schedule, like when MSP-PDX worked for me back in June, but who is the target customer for a once a day (or twice a day on SFO-MSP, with weird times)?

BTW, WN has a status match running right now. You should match into A+ with them.

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I've never minded the SEA layover but now with the QX uncertainty, I can't really utilise the SEA layovers anymore. I've done SFO layovers but only if I have to and I reserve those occasions for connections to intercontinental flights.
I used to really like SEA layovers. It was easy switching QX flights as a 75K. Now with the ATC delays (hopefully those thin out now that summer is over), and the horrific QX operational status, it's awful up there. I've been changing in LAX and SAN more these days.