FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is the first class end of a train?
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:35 am
Jimmie76
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Mizter T
Technically, when travelling using an Advance ticket (i.e. specified train at a specified time), you are supposed to sit in your allocated reserved seat (if there is one) - however I have never had or seen this being enforced, though I have read of a few occasions where it was (I think on Crosscountry trains).

Ultimately the worst that would happen is that you'd be asked to move to your reserved seat... but in all likelihood that won't ever actually happen!

(Note this never-enforced rule only applies to Advance tickets.)
Oh I've seen it happen although the train company doesn't exist anymore. Sat on Midland Mainline with a friend (who I didn't know beforehand was travelling) but not together. We weren't sitting together because she had been told by the Train Dragon that she had to sit in her Advance reserved seat on pain of buying a new standard open return ticket. All the seats around her were reserved for the time I was on the train and filled with passengers. So I gave up.