FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:24 am
dilbertsdaddy

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by pgh234
See, that type of ignorant attitude is exactly what many people on this thread try to make a point about. I happen to HATE the aisle and love the window. Say you get upgraded to the window after I get upgraded to the aisle. I make a casual remark upon boarding asking if you want to switch. Then you get what you want and I get what I want.

The point is...to each-his-own. If you want to keep your seat...then simply say so and move on. That 2 second interaction from your super busy life caused you no harm...and you could have ended up with something you more preferred.
The ignorant attitude of wanting to sit in the seat you picked? Guilty as charged.

And it is usually not as innocent as you state; it is people who do not plan ahead who arrive onboard and think they will trick you into moving in. After all, it's just a seat and we all get there the same time. Not a chance bud.