FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:11 am
NOLAnwGOLD

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah I agree, have been flying them since I was a kid when we weren't on NWA, and it's been great. Last flight with the was TPE-SFO in Biz on SkyPesos a few years back and it was awesome. Was as good as the KE flight from LAS-ICN in biz.

I've got an upcoming TPE-NRT in biz using miles, but dang hard to get!

I wish DL had make more of an effort to keep TPE accessible with some good code-shares when then abandoned the route (which NWA was the first airline to fly into the country) given both the number of biz and "locals" that use the route.

I also wish that CI was named something else like "Taiwan Air" or something complete neutral as I do agree it's confusing (since the name comes for WWII era "one China" politics) and they suffer from China-confusion.

I'm shocked that Delta hasn't tried to do more JVs with KE/CI and which ever Chinese Airline they own (though China might not want to Delta to do biz with a Taiwanese airline).

On the side note, EVA the other Taiwanese carrier has an even better rep (* Alliance) and they were the first airline to introduce a Premium Economy cabin.

The T2 lounge could use a make over, though I still really like it. The made to order noodles are good (like the Dan Dan Mian best) and the dumplings are fine. The hidden secret is the fresh whole yams that are in the wooden bucket steamer at the left end of the food. People don't realize they should open it. Lots of beverage options. I'm bummed that my next Japan flight is T2 too as well. My mom isn't going to want to hoof it.

Now I can't wait to do the In-Town Check-in and bag drop at the Taipei Main Rail MRT station, looks awesome and then you can shop and dine without your check in baggage!!

Last edited by NOLAnwGOLD; Sep 20, 2017 at 12:17 am