FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:37 pm
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by djsneak
Hey guys, I need help to understand one A3 rule :

I booked a flight for february 2018 in Flex (P class). I'm now A3 blue and will become A3 silver at the beginning of November 2017.
So I'll receive 2 upgrade coupons in November.
Question is : will it be possible to upgrade (if availability) my flights with the coupons as soon as I have them ?
My confusion is about the Flex fare (which is OK for an uprgrade coupon) and the P class..

Another thing: even if the booking is already made, will it be possible to reserve my seats in economy when I'll get silver ?

Thank you very much
Yes, subject to availability you can upgrade ANY Flex fare or a GoLight fare NOT in P,U or T classes.

You should also be able to reserve your seat once the upgrade goes through but you may have to call back an hour later as the upgrade isn't instantaneous. I have once had an agent say they would do it for me "after a few minutes" and they did!

If you DON'T get an upgrade and want to reserve your economy seat then I'm not so sure - I think that is only for Gold, not Silver. In any case, don't worry about it - seats are usually wide open when OLCI starts 48hrs before departure.