FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:43 pm
CommentatusMaximus

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
About RMQ, I have written to BR corporate so many times its not even funny. BR has slowly started to expand in RMQ but the airport is dominated by LCCs (even CI seems to be looking up to the LCCs that fly in and out of there). With the Taoyuan airport metro opening, at least there is some semblance of a seamless high speed rail transport service.
For the time being and probably the near future, I will probably keep some kind of CX status but having flown them since the late 1990s, it really just isn't the same airline anymore. Calling it Cathay Dragon sounds so wrong!
Well CI has their AE LCC sub-brand flying out of RMQ but that doesn't do a thing for ST. DL FF # will print on the boarding pass but no benefits nor FF points, just "priority" luggage (ha, still came out almost dead last). I managed to get past a lounge dragon once but wasn't worth the hassle. Would be great to connect through HKG versus having to haul myself all the way to TPE.