FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:23 pm
ronbo83

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
We just got back from here a few weeks ago and our stay was pretty good. Not sure what the expectations were from the other poster today but here is how it went for us.

We arrived way early and they took our information down and told us they would call when the room was ready as we were going to go for a walk instead of waiting at the hotel. We got a call at 10:30 AM (within an hour of checking in) letting us know our suite was ready. We used points with the 10% CC rebate which made it a better redemption. Also used a suite upgrade and confirmed on the phone when we made the reservation back in March. Only complaint is the Hyatt system will not show suite upgrade room on confirmation emails for points TSU so we asked for an email from corporate to confirm our upgrade had processed and that we just couldn't see it.

We had one small issue with breakfast on the second day where they wanted to charge us for ordering a bread option (waffle, pancake, French toast) and I had to go to the front desk to confirm what is offered for globalists and it was quickly taken care of. As far as the undercooked eggs, if that was the scrambled eggs, that is how they do them in Paris and they were awesome but you have to like that kind of thing. If that is not to your liking, you can order normal fried eggs which came out correctly for my wife each day or you can specify firm scrambled eggs which are more like what most people would expect. Otherwise I don't know how anyone can complain about a free breakfast that is way better than any domestic Hyatt I stay at in the US.

Ordered room service for dinner one night and it was fantastic. Great French cooking at a reasonable price for the location.

The rooms are clean and have a nice feeling about them. My wife missed the Blaise Moutin (sp?) but the other bathroom products were fine.

The spa was great as usual and I love that we were the only ones down there all but one day.

I highly recommend using Uber for getting around as the most expensive Uber black fare was $22 from the Eiffel Tower area. We also took it to and from the airport and it couldn't have been any easier. Even at rush hour on a Monday morning, it took us no longer than 50 minutes to get to the hotel on a fixed fare.

Everything boils down to expectations and as a US traveler, this place is a great redemption value. Claudio reached out after we left to apologize again for breakfast and they did send up a bottle of wine to make it up. We are not much into red wine and did not open it but the gesture was nice and unexpected. After all of the less than positive reviews, I was glad we had a great time but again, every trip is what you make it!