FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:05 pm
Bigzamboni

Originally Posted by macrophage
So when at Shell stations, do you enter the Fuel Rewards ALT ID or the Stop and Shop # as ALT ID?

I just signed up for Fuel Rewards and linked via the Stop and Shop site (but received no confirmation).

Any way to get more than $1.50 off a gal would be nice
Unfortunately, I don't live in PA.
I didn't get any confirmation email or anything, but under Rewards & Savings in the S&S account view, it now shows "Gas rewards + Fuel Rewards Fuel Savings" whereas before linking it just had the Gas Rewards logo.

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
Either one works, as the two are now linked.

Savings from Giant/S&S are limited to $1.50, but to my knowledge, there are no limits on Fuel Rewards in general (aside from 20 gal maximum).
The terms seem to indicate that you can still only use $1.50 worth of points from S&S/Giant in one redemption, but that could be a relic from before the merge. I don't have any first hand experience to know yet how the points will get pulled when using a linked account.

FR points are good until the end of the following month, but S&S/Giant-MD just get 30 days.. Here's to hoping linked accounts get a longer period for use.