FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:22 pm
fgirard

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by quietdesperation
I walked into a branch and they set me up. Actually, I was there for some reason or another, got to talking with a personal banker, and she set me up. my account is totally self-directed.
Can any banker set it up?

I had gone in today to a branch to complete opening my account package (finally US Trust transferred my holdings after 5 months ) and I was interested in setting up a self-directed account so that I could consolidate my MerrillEdge, Wells Fargo Advisors and E*Trade accounts into one place. However, the banker informed me that I need to go through my Private Bank rep to set that up. In fact, she mentioned to me that if I wanted to open another savings account, I would have to go through them as well.

Also, just to confirm, the Citigold Savings account and the Citigold MMA are the same thing? Because I thought I had opened a money market account, but when I went in to complete the paperwork, it showed Citigold Savings account.