FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Middle cubby (underseat) space protocol
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:24 am
deeruck

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Fraser
Well, after writing this a few days I took my first flight where someone asked me to move my bag

I was in 4F on a 738 and was amongst the first onboard so put my bag in the no mans land. When I came back from the toilet the guy told me to put my bag (regular Tumi over the shoulder) under the seat in front of me. Based on the tone of his request I told him I wasn't going to do that (it was certainly not intruding in his foot area) and he "offered" to put the bag in the overhead. I told him I wanted the bag because there were items I needed during the flight. I did stand the bag up (which it could just about manage) to mildly placate him.

He had a small backpack that he put under the seat in front but on the aisle side then sat with his legs at an angle the whole time in an effort to "claim" as much space as he could. People are weird.
Was it a 738 with individual IFE screens? Those have so little space under the aisle seat that it seems only fair to let the aisle pax stow their bag in the middle.