FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:56 am
dave1013

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by zgringo14
So, my wife and I both signed up for the Surpass 100K. For both cards, a new Hilton Honors account was needlessly created instead of using the accounts we indicated. My wife already has a referral posted to her new account.

I don't have any spend on mine yet.

How would we go about being able to log into these newly created accounts?

To fix this, Should we call AMEX or Hilton? It seems like it will be more complicated for my wife's account, which already has points in it and spend on the card.

Why is Amex doing this? :-(
To answer your question: because they can, but that doesn't make it right.

I applied for the card toward the end of the May promotion period and was assigned a new account number. No amount of calling ever got that changed, but I was able to have the points deposited in my existing account. Calls successfully made that happen. Hilton's reason for assigning me a new account number was that I had not included my existing account information in the application. I know that is not true, but no amount of wheedling and cajoling elicited a modification.

In truth, it matters not because the points have all been put in the right account. I finally let go of the issue and moved on to more pressing problems. Some other folks who had the same problem were able to get that new account number expunged from the record - they were luckier than me!