FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:27 am
CommentatusMaximus

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I contemplated a move back to DL at the beginning of the year with UA's intro of the horrific 3-4-3 Y seating in their 777-300ERs. However, after DL announced TPE pull out, I was pretty much back to UA. Some of the routings I looked at to TPE after the cut left a lot to be desired.
Arriving into TPE at the earliest 9:10 pm via NRT and midnight via ICN (compared with UA arrival at 6:30 pm) is a serious downgrade, especially when I have to take a bus to central Taiwan on the majority of my trips.
Ha! Yeah, welcome to my world. I contemplated a switch to *A via BR but I just can't stand UA customer service and that was even before this year's issues. OA has nice international lounges but their network into China is too weak, plus AA has been literally halving their top elite benefits. Though for you and me there's the benefit of Cathay Dragon flying from HKG to RMQ. But I need to get to DTW and DL pretty much owns that airport. So I'm stuck, oh well.

Last edited by CommentatusMaximus; Sep 19, 2017 at 6:27 am Reason: Spacing fix