FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:22 pm
ryandelany

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
Totally agree with you. The connections at ICN are ridiculously long and the KE lounge is a total joke, reminds me of a college dorm lounge. Asiana's lounge via Priority Pass down the hall is considered to be much better. But seriously, this is KE's home hub, you'd think they'd make a bit more effort. There's a Terminal 2 expansion at ICN, so hopefully there will be some upgrades along the way. Similarly, TPE has a Terminal 3 being built as well. OTOH, CI flying into NRT is in a completely different terminal than DL, PITA. Pro tip: skip the Bim Bim Bap Korean meal on D1, waste of a meal, IMO.

I'm also hoping DL/KE JV moves ahead to get rid of all the silly connection issues.
Wish I had that advice about the Bibimbap meal before I ordered it last night! It wasn't bad, and everything else looked like the typical menu so figured I'd give it a chance. I'm in coach on the way home so I guess I won't have to make that decision! Saving my remaining GUCs for Sydney in November.

Glad I didn't go to NRT as I didn't know about the different terminals. My main decision point was trying to avoid the typhoon, thinking it may affect operations at NRT, and I've never actually been to ICN and wanted to check it out (last time I was in South Korea, ICN didn't exist!)