FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slippers in hotel room, used?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
Vince Chan
Suspended

Originally Posted by CJKatl
While you know I tend to agree, I'm still willing to see the evidence, if there is any, which is why I ask. I'm not a slippers person, but if this is true, it should be exposed. If there is no basis and the poster is just trying to stir the pot, that should also be shown. The allegation has been made, so hopefully the poster will either show us the basis or we will know it's baseless. As has been mentioned on other threads and news reports, glasses were shown to be cleaned with Lemon Pledge and cumforters, carpet, sheets and furniture failed the black light test, so changes were made, but, of course, in both those cases there was evidence. My search could only find that old FT thread and one older non-FT thread, but maybe there is something else out there.

ADDED: FT was searched for the terms "wash" and "slippers" returning the following results. The first page goes back through May 2015 and has no mention of washing slippers, nor does the single Marriott thread, over two years old, mention this. It's about the size of Thann bottles. There are no SPG threads on the first page. Bing and Google searches for "hotel" and "wash" and "slippers" returned nothing but sales sites, instructions on how to wash slippers at home and the single FT thread posted earlier. Again, hopefully the poster will show us the basis for this claim because it is gross and nobody could be vicious enough to make this up.

You can politely asking someone for resource, but making any conclusion that someone is spreading rumors for no reasons to do so, or this is base on something 5 years ago, it's just childish for someone as your age. Sorry to see that!

THIS happened in one of Renaissance Shanghai last month, guest found there is problem with slipper in guest room, hotel responded that slippers in the hotel is not disposable but cleaned and reused. I haven't been to mainland china for nearly 10 years, so not sure if this is single case in certain area/country or not.

http://www.flyertea.com/thread-1706634-1-1.html

I didn't post at the beginning because I know obviously you two can't read! There is a lot of different things that you don't know or familiar with outside of your own world!

Last edited by Vince Chan; Sep 18, 2017 at 11:28 pm