FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:04 pm
wlau

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by hdtv4me
I'm flying CI JFK-TPE on a J fare next month on CI ticket stock. Maybe I'll get access to the CI lounge just after passport control. The one in the basement when I flew DL (prior to them canceling TPE-NRT route) sucked. Long hall, dark, food is average at best....I don't get how that could possibly be one of the best. Maybe we're all talking about different lounges at TPE?
Yes, pass passport control, turn left and that CI lounge is the best in T2.

CI and BR are based in TPE, it's their home hub, so they have many lounges. Us SkyTeam elite can only go to the normal lounge. If you are CI or BR top elite, you can go into the exclusive lounge. I been in there are a few times because my traveling coworker has either Diamond on BR or Paragon on CI, so we used the VIP lounge. Even the non-VIP regular lounge, which is what I referred to, is incredibly good compare to DL. You just have to learn how to order from the noodle bar - their beef noodle is restaurant quality for sure.