FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three Nights On A Train - Into The Wild Romanian Mountains
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:56 pm
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
This is such an unusual TR, many thanks for sharing. It actually makes me want to get there and experience it for myself.
Thanks for the kind words, roadwarrier. The country has a lot more spots like the one I cover here that are unusual and worth exploring!

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Beautiful. Makes me want to return. I've only been to Bucharest and Brasov / Sinaiia. I had read that the trains were in bad condition but they look OK.
While there are exceptions, the bulk of the trains are very comfortable. A first class ticket wouldn't break the bank in Romania like it would in Germany buying a ticket last minute!

That said, even second class is as comfortable as trains in any other European country.

Originally Posted by Jaysonb22
Looks like a great trip so far with some amazing pictures. Well done, and I look forward to Part V.
Thanks Jaysonb22! I hope to have the new installment up in a few minutes and the final part by tomorrow (as I have a new trip upcoming next weekend which warrants a trip report too )