FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN or Signature) [2017>]
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:29 pm
RedLight2015

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by tmiw
Another contactless failure tonight at a grocery store. They had "IT Retail" branding on their MX915s and after tapping with my phone, it showed a progress bar for a few seconds before timing out. Same thing happened on the second attempt. I paid with cash so I wouldn't hold up the line any further (EMV was enabled but I don't know if it would have worked any better than contactless.)

Anyway, maybe we can add "not reliable enough" to that list too.
I’ve had trouble at other IT Retail Asian stores with contactless too!! The only IT RETAIL store that worked fine for me is Natural Grocers! I think it was a botched software update as it used to work fine at the Asian stores. Natural grocers works but still finicky there. Maybe IT RETAIL just sucks.

EMV worked fine in all cases, IT Retail makes a lot of the “Asian compliant POS software” allowing Chinese characters etc. they also handle Natrual grocers, and Vitamin shoppe POS systems. They’re actually a fork of another Asian grocery store POS system, RSP MARKET MASTER, who went belly up.

IT Retail uses the NCR payment gateway, so no different than say the Super Valu Setup in terms of payment processing.

For small grocery stores I actually prefer Retalix over ITRETAIL, Retalix for small businesses used to be ISS45, which is also now deprecated, and everyone has moved onto Retalix or ITRETAIL.

For small Asian stores I prefer to deploy PCAMERICA, which has been the most reliable.

Last edited by RedLight2015; Sep 17, 2017 at 10:40 pm