FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying China Airlines as a Delta Elite - Impressions and Advice
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:15 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Zorak
+1. I don't doubt the other poster's experience, but it hasn't been a problem for me for J seats. Don't know how to explain the inconsistency.

For the semi-complicated Y situation I linked to, I called one of the US numbers (SFO office I think) -- had to call twice (there was subsequently a change of equipment) and both times got someone who spoke pretty good English, although my Mandarin is sufficiently passable (ABC) that I could have done it that way had it come to that
Exactly. Both on CI and DL 006 ticket stock, I haven't had any problem selecting seats at <180 days out, both in Y and J, revenue (CI ticket) and award (DL ticket) flights. >180 days out I don't think it's allowed. Sometimes seat selection may not be possible closer in than 180 days if an aircraft change is likely. I think CI only allows to select seats when the aircraft on the route on that date is finalized. So, that may be it why it hasn't worked for the other poster...just a guess.