FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three Nights On A Train - Into The Wild Romanian Mountains
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:33 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
I read that Mircea Eliade book in college while studying Anthropology. Good read. Oh, great trip report, btw!!
Thanks oneworld82.

Good to hear that Eliade's scholarly work is widely read in the US!

This is the first book on religion from him which I read (interesting topic indeed) so far. In Romania he is mostly known for his literature, although I did not have the chance to read much yet as I'm not fluent in Romanian yet and I only managed to find two books in English.

Originally Posted by kathykathy
I am blown away by the fabulous photos! As my ancestors are from this general area of Europe, I am especially interested in your trip report. While the accommodations on the train are a bit foreign to me (Hee), I would enjoy the trip after flying Business Class from Atlanta!
Thanks kathykathy!

I can imagine that for an American citizen not living in the NE Amtrak corridor the quirks of train travel might not be part of everyday life.

And as train travel might not be everyone's cup of tea (I have friends who just can't get any sleep on a moving train), there are dozens of other ways to discover Romania. As I have written in one of the first installments, I would normally actually recommend getting a rental car for those wishing to visit the countryside.

Originally Posted by ZFW-ATC
Those are some amazing photos you are taking. They are making me want to take a trip to Romania! Thanks for the report!

Eric
Thanks Eric! You should definitely visit if you have the opportunity. The country has something for everyone's taste (old cities, food, nature, history, nightlife etc.).