FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:35 am
q

From E to F yesterday, first flight had enough delay so that a number of passengers (not me) were at high risk of missing their connection. They were given priority to disembark. When reaching the immigration check point between E and F, I noticed that these passengers ... who were off the plane ahead of me ... somehow ended up way behind, in what appeared to be the slower no-privilege queue. The priority queue had zero wait time. (Of course) I invited them to use the faster line ... knowing they were on a very tight connection ... but in my opinion the ADP person who was directing people to one line or another, was completely useless OR WORSE. This was at around 17h30 yesterday.

In my opinion this function (people in orange uniform) could be useful if done properly. Maybe it depends on how motivated individual people actually are.

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
An article in Liberation newspaper (only in French) talks about the delays at immigration checkpoints in Paris this summer. Findings seem to be from a report the government had commissioned in July.

Some of the root causes identified:

• Air France's hub system with seven daily departure waves creates peaks
  • High growth of traffic, +6% since beginning of the year
  • ADP and the Ministry of the Interior slow at giving green light for PARAFES gates
  • ADP didn't want to pay for the PARAFES gates, dispute was about an amount equivalent to the sum spent on the change of logo by ADP