FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family Day 2017 Tickets available to TPG readers, but not FT?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:37 pm
diburning

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Well, FT's front page seems to like to post clickbait garbage that will name United when the piece is negative, but won't name other airlines if it's negative and about them. I am willing to bet that this is partially to blame. Frugal Travel Guy (which is also owned by Internet Brands and has been putting out grade A garbage, albeit not as much as TPG), which is where the front page of FT cross-posts their articles from, seems to not have "grown up" from the Dr Dao incident and appears to put United down at every opportunity in an attempt at a shock piece. FT itself (not the community) may have burned the bridges for us.

As far as forum content goes, we have always been (on the most part) pro-consumer (although acting within the airline's rules and within the airline's or the industry's established procedures). I'm sure any United reps that are involved here on FT are involved because of the sheer number of top tier elites that participate here, and not because we're doing them any favors.

Originally Posted by halls120
I agree. TPG staff are professional writers, not journalists.
Even then, the definition of "writer" is quite loose. The excrement that TPG puts out almost makes "writer" a synonym for "shill."

Last edited by diburning; Sep 17, 2017 at 6:12 pm