FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:15 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Used my Platinum certificate to fly PDX-SLC-DEN-SEA-PDX with my father in late August. Booked less than two weeks out, but plenty of options and the whole thing cost about $350 for our ideal flight times. F9 is certainly nice for keeping prices down through DEN.

FC cleared on PDX-SLC and DEN-SEA We sat in C+ on the other two legs.

Also, tangentially related but not worthy of its own thread, the SEA-PDX flight was delayed due to a pilot being unavailable. It arrived around 1:00am, an hour and twenty minutes late. My father went directly home to Salem, but I was flying to LAS early the next morning (on AS, shhhhh ). I asked the Redcoat at the gate on arrival if I could have a hotel voucher since the flight arrived so late at night and I had something to do early the next morning. He politely demurred saying it was only for forced overnights, but I fought back all the lessons from the DYKWIA thread and asked if they could do it as a customer service gesture for a PM. He picked up the phone and 30 minutes later I was crawling into a hotel bed. A great gesture and the kind of the thing that keeps me firmly with Delta. I wish I'd had a JWD certificate on me to give to him.