FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:31 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MPH1980
So there we go. Improved? Yes. Comprehensively improved (for me)? No.
Thanks for that constructive feedback, and I'll add it to the feedback email, maybe after Pascoe has reported back.

Two of the five items should be easily fixed and a third should not happen. I have suggested already that a "sample soup" should be put on the trolley. It is in the menu, but to keep it warm the standard is to prepare it in the galley and serve from there. If some of the first row passengers select it, it would still be warm enough for immediate service. Even on the rollout SOP, the crew were supposed to mention "and we have the soup available too".

The speed of service will definitely improve: I'm sure you remember all the complaints about the 787 in this area and that's now gone away.

Overcooking: that really shouldn't happen, and Do&Co are allegedly very prescriptive about cooking time. But there is this terrible habit (UK wide I suspect) of giving it "just another minute or two"....