FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Bank FlexPerks
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:31 pm
jeffersun

Recently dumped my FP for a $798 AS ticket and cancelled after a couple days. Original flight was Dec 22 2017, so more than 60 days. Went in today to redeem into "my wallet", but found that impossible. Trying to "deposit a ticket" through "my wallet" just lead me through the cancellation process again which resulted in an email with the same cancelled flight #. Phone agent was unable convert the credit into "my wallet" funds, I got the impression that this wasn't typical, and that her system was probably identical to what i was seeing. When cancelling, i get the option for full refund to original payment(my cancelled FP card), or

1- "If you exchange your ticket for a new one on or after October 24, 2017, a per person change fee of $125 USD may apply, plus any difference in fare and taxes."
2- "Save the ticket numbers you receive by email. You may use the value toward travel completed by December 22, 2018."

She was only able to change my reservation, same as I am on my side. No way to use as "my wallet" funds. If i change my flight to a cheaper flight, I get a refund option for the difference, but it's unclear where that refund goes.

Am i SOL? Has anyone done this recently?

EDIT: only point I could gain from 2 phone agents, it might be because it was a REFUNDABLE fare, as seen on alaskaair, and thus only qualifies for a full refund or reservation change. Also why a one-way flight was $799. I just saw the price and grabbed it.

yeeeyyyy

Last edited by jeffersun; Sep 15, 2017 at 8:42 pm