FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The incredible Pan Am Experience at Air Hollywood
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:14 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Looks like neato fun. I thought I'd never see a post where SFO777 would admit that he spent his birthday in Pacoima, not at least willingly.
LOL. I suspect that will be the last time I spend my birthday, or any other day, in Pacoima.

Originally Posted by lb8001
Excellent birthday choice - thanks for sharing
Thank you lb8001.

Originally Posted by nequine
What a cool thing to do for a birthday!
Loved the memorabilia they had on show.
Originally Posted by Madone59
This is really cool, thanks for sharing and happy (belated) birthday mate!!
Thanks very much nequine and Madone59.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Wow what an awesome experience that must have been. I could have been there all day and have to be dragged from that place.
Question....13th photo from the top....Jon Taffer? LOL
Thanks enviroian. I had to google the guy to even know who he is. Hard to tell except they are both older bald guys.

Originally Posted by 1P
Thanks so much for this, SFO777!
Never flew PanAm in the good old days, but flew TWA Ambassador Class in L-1011s a lot in the 80s until they folded in 1991. Brought it all back!
Thank you 1P. It brought back a lot of memories.

Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush
Splendid way to spend a birthday. Is the upper level business class on this 747?
Thanks TheTakeOffRush. At that time, the upper deck was the First Class Lounge.

Originally Posted by Majuki
The upper level is one of three dining areas. You can choose the Upper Deck Lounge, Main Deck First Class, or the Clipper Cabin Dining Room. I think the only difference between the upper deck and the other two options in terms of the food is the caviar.
Even if you can't get tickets for the upper deck, I don't think there are any bad seats on this plane, and each section offers a unique experience.
Thank you Majuki. Looks like you had a great time as well. Indeed, the only difference I could see from the menu was the caviar service in the Upper Deck.

Originally Posted by NoY
Wow. Airline geek heaven ^^^ Brilliant “work” SFO777
Thanks very much NoY.