FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family Day 2017 Tickets available to TPG readers, but not FT?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:46 pm
Imstevek

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
A bit of a disappointment that FT'ers, the very community that gave greater awareness to the airlines and social media, has not been given consideration.

Though to be fair, there's still time, as well as the fact the UA FT community is certainly more dedicated than the average TPG reader whose main focus is on points earning/spending than anything specific to UA. So it would be likely a much larger number of people would wind up trying to attend.

Well, I can only hope that we'll be invited... and if not, I will still have my upcoming SFO-PVG flight in 1K the weekend before to bid my private farewell.
I think you've made a bad assumption re: FT. Any casual visit here in the past 1-3 years by a United exec would see some rather irrational commentary trashing their airline and not a lot of benefit of the doubt (read today's EWR IDB thread as the latest example) in any situation. I'd be reluctant to reward that type of behavior of a community where the threads are typically trending negative.