FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:29 pm
merle123

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Re: Second Surpass Bonus

Originally Posted by Tizzette
I received the targeted offer of 100,000 points to upgrade my no-fee Surpass to the $75 fee version. This offer says nothing about the bonus not being available to anyone who has received a Surpass bonus before. I did receive it several years ago, but when Cit Hilton Reserve came out I downgraded my Surpass to the no fee version. Does anyone know if this targeted offer to upgrade will let you have the bonus a second time, contrary to the usual Amex policy?
At first, I initially thought there was no prohibited language as I couldn't find it in the email or in the "terms and conditions" link in the email. Maybe yours is different, however, try clicking the "Request Upgrade" box at the bottom of the email. On the bottom of the next page, there is another "Offer Terms" link. Right at the top of the page that pops-up, it states: "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product."
Again, perhaps yours will be different - but double-check it.