FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tight connection in DXB
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:43 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Definitely, if the airline (direct) sell that connection then they should be protected (as long as they make every effort to get to the gate without dilly dallying )

S
It's the not dilly dallying that's important. There are several stories about mothers wanting to change or feed their babies etc who missed the connection (not saying that changing nappies is dilly dallying ). Make sure you have been to the toilet before landing (the queues for these conveniences at DXB can be terrifying) and move briskly to the new gate. If you still miss the connection, you should be protected. And look for Emirates people at the arrival gate holding a sign with either your name or your destination. They will whisk you through 'the system' quickly.

I once ran through the airport as if my life depended on it (connection would have been 1:20 but we were 20 minutes late and got a bus gate). Got to my seat, made myself comfortable and heard the captain announce that we were going to wait a bit more for connecting passengers.....

(By the way: I came in on EK150 last Sunday morning. Landed early, but we parked at the far end of the airport. Then a looooong busied to the terminal. But would still have made a 1 hour connection)