FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:41 am
slack455

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
no... you are incorrect.

all but the $500 variables are ALWAYS at least 2x, sometimes there are weekly promos which, IME, NEVER require a J4U either. there is no need to add a coupon. Ever.

i bought a 5 back yesterday, with no coupon added aside from the 5 Back one (obviously), and I earned 400 fuel point. As expected.

I don't understand why people on this forum love to make authoritative statements, when they (clearly) don't actually know the answer; thus just adding to the disinformation cycle.
You should take you own advice, part of what you said is flat out wrong as well.

There are plenty of non-$500 variables that do not give gas rewards. All closed loop GC give 2X automatically, sometimes more with J4U. VGC and MCGC, open loop GC, should NOT be giving gas rewards, but SKUs change, things get added and Safeway effs up the coding in their system, hence the hodgepodge of VGC/MCGC giving or not giving gas rewards. Add to that that every once in a while a GC J4U bonus comes along and Safeway effs that up, so for a period all GC are giving the bonus gas rewards and not the base gas rewards.