FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:58 am
fredc84

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by LWT3
I earned the bonus, saw it post to the new account number on the Amex website, asked Amex to update the account number to the long-standing Hilton Honors number, they did, but the points disappeared. I called and they said they are now "pending". They weren't pending before -- they had fully posted. But after the switch those points went to pending, and Amex says I have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to post. That's the equivalent of the IT help desk telling you to reboot your computer. They hope that after 8 weeks the points will magically reappear, and I'm not optimistic about that.
So, it sounds like some of you aren't trying to have the account number changed until you've already started putting spend on the card and/or have finished the bonus spend. I've always checked the HH account number and SM them to change it when I get the card and set it up on-line. It's only after they switch the account number that I start putting spend on it. I've never had an issue.

Not saying you should have to do it like I do...Amex should be better than this and it's their issue that they should resolve.