FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:44 pm
LWT3

Originally Posted by Willbur
It seems like you're not talking about merging on the Hilton side because that occurs instantly. The ideal way to ensure there are no issues is to have Amex change the miles crediting to the correct Hilton number whenever it's noticed. But do not merge the accounts on the Hilton side until you have received the bonus/any pending points.
I earned the bonus, saw it post to the new account number on the Amex website, asked Amex to update the account number to the long-standing Hilton Honors number, they did, but the points disappeared. I called and they said they are now "pending". They weren't pending before -- they had fully posted. But after the switch those points went to pending, and Amex says I have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to post. That's the equivalent of the IT help desk telling you to reboot your computer. They hope that after 8 weeks the points will magically reappear, and I'm not optimistic about that.