FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FYI: Details on Shenzhez Shekou to Hong Kong Airport Ferry Service
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:50 pm
synthkeys

Programs: CX MPC DM
Anybody have updated experiences with the Shekou -> HKIA ferry?

I'm considering taking the ferry this Sunday. I usually take a private car from Futian CBD to HKG via Huangang or Shenzhen Bay Checkpoints. The cost is 750RMB, paid by my company. Total travel time is typically 1 hour.

The private car service is not available to me this Sunday, so considering a try with the ferry. However, I'm a little concerned about total travel time. One poster above estimated about 2 hours.

What is the best way to buy a ticket? The only online ticketing option seems to be with CKS. They have a number of classes available, VIP, First and Economy. Looks like VIP is not available on the Shekou route. Price difference between first and economy is negligible -- HKD 380 vs 340. Does anyone have information on the differences between the 2 classes?

I am looking for a civilized trip, no pushing through crowds or fighting off line cutters and with a reasonably comfortable seat. For a first class ticket, I wouldn't expect and airline quality service, just a little bit lower hassle and slightly more comfort.

The total transit time seems a bit too much, although it may be a bit more thrilling than the standard car ride to Lantau island. My other option is probably taxi to Shenzhen Bay checkpoint and take one of the Sky Limo vans. I've done this before. They charge 150RMB to the airport and I'm usually successful in grabbing the front seat. Total time is usually a little more than an hour.