FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rimowa very overrated?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:56 pm
tampatravel

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Madone59
My Pelican won't break under abuse....at least not abuse that cound be inflicted but air side opps
Originally Posted by GoRavens
Pelican cases are practically indestructible. I once broke a latch, it was my fault. Tried to find a replacement latch, but couldn't find anyone who sold just the latch. I finally called Pelican. They wouldn't sell me one, but they sent me a new set of 4 latches for free. Turns out their policy is "you break it, we'll replace it."

I wonder if anyone has tried their luggage.
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, as carry-on for a field service trip. But not for e.g. a sales meeting or conference. They are indestructible, but not really nice to look at, always look like a tool box - and that's what I use them for
Pelican's are pretty much indestructible, but American Airlines managed to crack my red bezel on the Pelican Elite 22" carry-on (I had to gate check it on a CRJ-300). Yes Pelican would replace it (I reached out) but I felt American should since they jacked it up. They did indeed buy me a new one, but not until making me wait 6 weeks. Love the look of the Rimowa, but I ended up going with a Briggs & Riley Baseline Expandable Carry-on spinner.