FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Operational Changes 2017
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:38 pm
Johnnieboy

Originally Posted by RyanG
I just noticed that my trip from MAD-DOH QR 150 on December 15th has changed from a 16:15pm departure to a 15:10pm departure and went from A350 to 777. I am coming in from LHR and only land at 14:10pm on BA and its a separate ticket so they won't be able to check my bags through and I therefore definitely won't make check in or departure.

Not sure what to do as the BA/IB flights I can change to (that my ticket allows) all get in after the flight departs from MAD...
To be fair, a two hour connection on separate tickets with bags to collect, recheck and immigration and security to clear twice was always going to be very tight. Being under two hours, it's classed as a minor time change by QR (and most airlines) so your options are really just to pay now for changing to an earlier BA flight, buy another ticket on an earlier flight (with any airline), or if you have a BA "plus" ticket, which it sounds like you have if you're taking checked bags, go to the BA website at midnight on the day of departure and hope there is an earlier flight you can switch to for free. The latter has an element of danger though...

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Sep 13, 2017 at 12:47 pm