FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iP8 + iWatch 3
Thread: iP8 + iWatch 3
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:45 pm
wco81
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by javabytes
I pretty much agree. I have a 6S Plus. Losing the Touch ID sensor and replacing it with Face ID is dumb. I don't want to have to look at my phone to unlock it - plenty of situations where that would be inconvenient. It would be fine to have as an option in addition to Touch ID, but not as a replacement for it.

I'm not a huge fan of the way they handled the screen at the top of the phone. Seriously, just shave off that 3mm vertical of screen space at the corners.

And come on... $1000 for a phone? I know Samsung is pushing into that territory, but really...
I have a 6S Plus that I just paid the last installment on. It's still plenty fast, though iOS 11 may slow it down.

I guess I could sell it after unlocking but whatever I could get probably won't replace the functionality it provides. I saw that Apple is offering up to $260 trade in but that's probably for a 7 Plus with maxed out storage.

Even $260 would not be enough for me to trade it in. I'd rather keep it, even if I do buy a new iPhone.

It sounds like the OLED screen looks great but I don't watch longer videos like TV shows or movies which would have HDR support.

Meanwhile FaceID sounds like a huge step back in usability when it comes to Apple Pay -- far more steps to get it to work, vs. just putting the phone on the POS and authenticating with TouchID.

More than likely, Apple will try to get TouchID working through the screen for next year. So no way I'm going to get an iPhone X, to be stuck with inferior Apple Pay user experience.

Will I still get iPhone 8 Plus? Probably, to see what they do with AR and probably a better camera.

Though most of the iPhone photos I take are panos and I see that despite the increase to 12 Megapixels, the panos still max out at 63 Megapixels, the same as the 6S and 7 Plus models.

I don't have a 4K TV yet but 4K60 video recording sounds intriguing. I think this might be one of the first 4K60 capture device out there, other than pro or prosumer video cameras.