FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum time to transfer at DUB?
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:47 pm
Big4Flyer

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
You are not connecting on to FR. You have a separate ticket and, if you are late, FR owes you nothing - they will simply cancel your ticket (and any return flight). If you can get a connecting flight (ie all on one ticket) do so, but it won't be with FR as they don't do that sort of thing.

If you cannot get a connecting ticket, then either go with the shorter connection (and make sure it's one way only) but also purchase a back up flight for later, or live with a longer connection. Essentially, you need to have a Plan B in case of delayed arrival.
Sorry, you're right. I used the wrong terminology there. I meant that I would connect to a different flight.

Originally Posted by colm
Not sure when you're travelling, but have you checked Aer Lingus? They have flights to GLA at about 15:00 or 16:00 most days, and the extra hour would give you a bit of breathing room.
This is the option we're leaning towards right now. Since it would all be on one carrier we would be protected if there's a delay of some sort and 4 hours should be plenty of time to transfer and connect without stress. The only downside is that it would be about 2x as expensive as Ryanair since the ATR 72s they operate on the route would require us to pay to check our carry-on bags